Please follow the guidelines to accelerate publication process.
- Manuscripts and communications are accepted on the understanding that these have not been published nor are being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts intended for publication should be submitted in soft copy in Microsoft Word format as an attachment to email@example.com
- An undertaking form (Click to download) for the copyright transfer should be filled by the corresponding author and sent as email attachment along with the manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before submitting your manuscript please thoroughly read the PAB Publication ethics statement.
- The soft copy of the manuscript should be in the following format:
Title page must contain only:
- Manuscript Title: Title should be brief, descriptive, specific and relevant containing the requisites of the report reflecting the contents accurately. Avoid abbreviations in the title.
- Author(s) name(s): Provide the full name (s) (First, Middle & Last name). Initials are only permissible for the First and Middle name(s). [PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ADDITION OR DELETION OF NAME(S) IS ALLOWED AFTER MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION]
- Affiliation(s) should be provided for all authors. Affiliation must include departement, university or organizational affiliation with city, state/province (if applicable) and country. More than one authors affiliations must be indicate by the numberic supercript on the authors names. One author must be declared as corresponding author and his or her email should be provided and an asterisk (a small starlike "*" symbol) must be used to indicate the corresponding author in the authors list.
The abstract should be:
- containing the main objective(s) of the study,
- brief methodology,
- more significant results and conclusion.
- It should not exceed 250 words.
- No citation and abbreviations (if possible) is permissible in abstract.
- Appropriate key words (3-6), not taken from the manuscript title and must reflect the manuscript main theme/indexing should be provided very next to the abstract.
Introduction should be:
- brief, to the point, and
- must explain clearly the objective(s) of the study by giving essential background in content to relevant literature and
- explain the need of this study for readers.
- Conclude with a brief description of the main aim of this study along with comment whether that aim was achieved.
Materials and Methods
Materials and Methods must explicitly describe:
- The materials used,
- the analytical techniques followed and procedures employed for the data analysis.
- When using standard method, provide complete reference.
- In case of new or a modified method has been applied, then it must be elaborated.
- This must be reproducable by a skilled person of the same field.
- The use of human, animal and/or tissues or field sampling must include the standard ethics statements such as, proper approval by the institutional review board or equivalent committee(s).
Results and Discussion
Results and Discussion could either be combined or treated separately. The results should be concisely presented using tables and figures. The same data may not be used in both. Appropriate statistical data should be given.
Discussion must be developed logically in a proper sequence and should cover the implications and consequences not merely recapitulating the results. Conclusions may be merged with discussion or provide separately.
Conceived and designed the experiments:
Performed the experiments:
Analyzed the data:
Contributed materials/ analysis/ tools:
Wrote the paper:
Peoples who helped in this study but not fit to the standard authorship criteria and the funding agencies with their contributions should be included in this section. You must have their consent for mentioning their name(s).
As per the PAB policy, only published and articles in press (online first) are acceptable as a references. The numbering system for references must be used in the text. References should be numbered, ordered sequentially (ascending order) as they appear in the text like; [1, 2, 3, 4] throughout the manuscript. If the citation contains more than one work the reference numbers should appear within one set of brackets, separated by commas: e.g. [2, 5].
All references must be listed under the heading "References" at the end, next to Acknowledgements and numbered in the order that they appear in the text.
References must be formatted in APA style with following modifications:
- Last/surname of author(s) followed by the first and middle name initials (Capital letters) and authors names separated by comma must be used.e.g. Baloch IA, Malik MK, Zhang B.
- Year of publication must be included very next to the name of last author in brackets, e.g. (2020).
- Full title next to the year of publication must be provided.
- Journal names should be abbreviated according to ISI Web of Science abbreviation.
- Journal volume number followed by page numbers must be provided for each reference.
1. Baloch IA & Din M (2020). Bioinformatic hunting of microRNAs. Pure Appl Biol 3(1): 2523-2532.
2. Awan JA (2002). Food processing and preservation. 1st Ed. Unitech Communications; Faisalabad (Pakistan). 135 p
If the city is well known, no need to give the country, otherwise country should be written within parenthesis after the city.
Chapters in Books
3. Hansen B (1991). New York City epidemics and history for the public. In: Harden VA, Risse GB, editors. AIDS and the historian. Bethesda: National Institutes of Health. pp. 21-28.
Theses or reports
4. Qaisrani TB (1998). Use of artificial sweeteners in Kinnow drink. M.Sc. thesis. Deptt. of Food Tech., Univ. Agri., Faisalabad
5. Ahmad, MT & MA Khan (2003). Proc. Pak. Assoc. Sci., 12: 59.
Figures and Tables
All illustrations such as; photographs, drawings, sketches, graphs and etc are considered as Figures. The color figures are encouraged for submission. Figures must be numbered consecutively on the basis of their appearance in the text, e.g. Figure 1. The figure caption/legend should describe the main theme of the figure and must consist of 15 or less words title with detail self description that allow readers to understand it without referring to the text.
Tables – Number tables consecutively throughout the manuscript on their appearance in the text, e.g. Table 1. All numbered tables must be referred to in the text. Table should be few in number, carefully designed, uncrowded containing only essential data. Keep column headings and descriptive matter brief and do not use vertical rules between columns. Only tables that complement the text, rather that duplicate it, will be accepted. Keep tables to a reasonable size. Large tables should be divided into components. The table title must be brief and self explanatory. Footnotes can be used to explain abbreviations. Citations should be included using the same pattern as described above.
All figures and tables with their captions/legends must be provided at the end of manuscript next to References.
All appropriate datasets, images and information should be depositied in relevant public resources. The relevant Accession numbers alongwith version number (if applicable) should be provided in parentheses after the entity on first use. Suggested databases include, but are not limited to:
Acronyms must be defined at first mention in the text. Use standard abbreviations.
Units and Currencies – Use Metric/SI (System international) units throughout the manuscript. If non-SI units must be used, please give conversion to the correct SI unit.
Creative Common LicenseThe articles are published in PAB as an open access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Publication Fee: PKRs. 12,000/= (For Local Author) and 300 US$ (For International Author) will be charged as publication Fee after the acceptance of paper. There is no charges for manuscript processing before acceptance.
The publication Fee can be paid by cheque, bank draft or Swift Telex Transfer.
The Publication fee should be sent to
Bank A/C Title. Pure And Applied Biology
Branch Code. 0873
Bank A/C No. 0873-79006511-03
Bank Name & Address: Habib Bank Limited, University of Balochistan Branch, Quetta, Pakistan.
International Bank A/C No. PK21 HABB 0008 7379 0065 1103
All papers intended for publication in the Journal should be addressed and email in Doc format to:
Dr. Muhammad Din (PhD),
Pure and Applied Biology (PAB),
Cell # +92 333 7894859